Thursday, March 5, 2009

my computer's been out of commission for the past few days, because rowan broke the wall charger, and the battery won't hold a charge on its own. and before that, i was feeling lazy and didn't blog much. : ) my sweet grandfather fixed the charger for me and brought it over today.

today is my mama's birthday (and my aunt's, and my sister-in-law melanie's!) and we're going to lunch at one of our favorite places to celebrate! kalachandji's hare krishna temple & restaurant, off abrams rd. in dallas. we've been eating at this restaurant since my siblings and i were little kids. they have incredible vegetarian indian fare, and the most delicious tamarind tea ever! i could drink gallons of it. my mom's getting a double-dose of her most favorite food on her birthday, because tonight she and my stepdad and sister are going to cosmic cup in oak lawn! i know it's the cosmic cafe now, but i'm a taurus.

happy birthday, mama!!! i love you sooooo much!!!! : )

rowan is napping happily on josh right now, who's home for lunch. happy lina is squirming and cooing in my lap, and micah is on the floor nearby, quietly pretending with a few of her favorite dolls. she has been losing herself in imaginary worlds so much lately. her little routine these days is to wake up around 8:15 or 8:30, nurse a bunch, have a little snack like string cheese or some crackers, then she sets herself up in the playroom, usually over by the dollhouse, with some dolls and things, where she'll stay for an hour or more, whispering and giggling and playing. it is soooo heart-warming to observe her quiet play like this. rowan usually spends this time playing with me, or having some nursey milk or a snack of his own.



i took a break during this post to go eat lunch and play at the park. now we're back home, and the kids are sweaty and tired. so am i. i wish i could take a looooong nap now!

No comments: