Sunday, April 12, 2009

happy easter!!!

we had a delightful easter this year, with both kiddos being old enough to enjoy an easter egg hunt. all of our festivities actually took place yesterday, because today's weather was supposed to be rainy and cloudy - and while it didn't actually rain today, last night's rain did soak the ground, making it too wet and muddy for an egg hunt. i know lots of families who just brought the fun indoors, but we opted for doing everything a day early.

we started out at the house cafe (a little breakfast and lunch spot near my house) for brunch with everyone on my mom's side of the family. a couple of hours later, the kids and i (josh stayed home sick) headed over to my dad and vesta's. we had a yummy lunch followed by micah's presentation of her new big-girl bike riding skills...



while micah was having her moment, my brother sneaked around the yard and hid eggs. when the bike was put away, we gave micah and rowan their easter baskets and turned 'em loose! the weather was so gorgeous! my stepmom did an awesome job this year of putting things other than candy in the eggs. rowan got three little miniature tonka trucks and two play-doh eggs in his basket, and he also got a yellow pail and shovel (in preparation for a sandbox my dad's going to be building in his backyard for them in the next few weeks) and some crayons. micah got six big eggs with a miniature my little pony in each one (thank you, alison, for telling me about those!!), two play-doh eggs, a pink pail and shovel, and one regular-size my little pony, whom she has deemed the mama of all the mini ones.



later in the evening, everyone on my mom's side of the family met up again at terrace park, right down the street from our house, for a picnic. it was a little chilly and windy by then, but we still had a great time. we had ham, pinto beans, potato salad, fresh veggies and fruit. the kids played on the playground while the adults huddled under the pavilion and ate and chatted. i wish it had been warmer, but it was still fun. i adore my family!!!!!

i hope everyone had a wonderful easter this year, full of fun memories. : )

1 comment:

Leigh Russell said...

You have lovely kids, Hannah. Brings back memories of when my two were young (now both grown up and left home). Enjoy them while they're little.

I haven't had a great Easter. Due to a glitch in amazon.uk's system, I believe I’ve written the only crime thriller in the UK that doesn't appear on amazon.co.uk. My publisher's many other titles are listed – including Robert B Parker - and my book can be ordered from all other uk online suppliers, as well as amazon sites around the world. Amazon.uk refuse to acknowledge their technical error and insist my book’s displayed on their website when it isn’t.

I'm an insignificant individual, powerless to influence this huge corporation, but their indifference has incensed me. I'm attempting to battle amazon.uk's virtual monopoly of the uk online book market by asking readers around the world to order my inexpensive paperback through other online suppliers or from local bookstores.

If you would be kind enough to consider supporting my campaign against a faceless corporation, please check out my blog for details of Cut Short by Leigh Russell.