Sunday, January 25, 2009

alison and her family joined the kids and me at church this morning. it was really fun showing them around the church i grew up in, and introducing them to my grandparents and my uncle, and to all the people there who've known my family since before i was born. that place feels so much like home, and it was nice sharing it with one of my best friends. micah stayed in class without me, because she had her buddy isaac there to glean confidence from. works for me. : ) i wish they could come with us every week!

micah told me tonight that, once she doesn't need nursey at night anymore, she wants to spend the night with dada and nana (that's my dad and vesta). after eating breakfast with them the next morning, she wants me to come pick her up and take her home. needless to say, this made my stepmom, who's been campaigning for a sleepover since micah was born, quite excited. i can't imagine the day when my kids sleep away from me, but i know it'll arrive someday...

josh and i have been hunting for a house to rent in april, when our lease here is up. richardson is so far proving to be out of our price range. we're looking at west garland, where the prices are lower and we're still close to my family and all our familiar places. in order to have enough for a security and pet deposit, josh needs to get an evening job, which hasn't happened yet. so we may have to go month-to-month here until we can save up enough money to move. we're soooo ready... this place has been fun, but we've outgrown it, and the quality of the house and the neighborhood is beginning to get to us. tonight at my dad's house, i mentioned that we were going to try to move in april, and he said, "i'd love for you to move, you live in a dump." it made me wince a little. not because i disagree with him, but because i was embarrassed that he thinks we're keeping his grandkids in a dump. i think everyone considers where they live to be reflective of their education, lifestyle, status, etc. i love having friends and family over to my house, but i know how much more i'd love it if i had a nice, pretty house that i was proud of and that i felt reflected my personality. i also think twice before inviting friends over if their houses are much bigger and nicer than mine! isn't that silly?

i know my parents wish i'd gone to college, and i know they wish josh had a higher education too, and a better-paying job, only because they want the very best for us and for micah and rowan. i want the best for us too! but we can be happy with a small house and old cars and hand-me-downs. and i have faith in my husband and in his ability to provide for us; i have never doubted that he would do whatever it took to keep food on the table and the rent and the bills paid, even if that meant working two jobs - and it has, in the past. and now with our economy in the state that it's in, it's becoming even harder to keep our heads above water. but this will pass, and when the kids are grown and josh is making good money at his dream job, designing furniture and residential and commercial interiors, and we live in our dream house, we'll remember this difficult time in our lives and be thankful for all the generous help we received from family members and friends. when the energy that you put into the universe is positive and hopeful, the universe provides positive change and rewards hope with blessings. i believe that.

1 comment:

The Ross Family said...

I believe that blessings come from God, Creator of the universe. He is gracious, merciful, loving, faithful, and an ever-present help in time of need.