Monday, January 19, 2009

tonight was my second get-away night at my dad's, to eat dinner and watch one of my favorite TV programs with no kids. : ) josh took micah and rowan to visit his mom at the nursing home, while i ate pork chops, mashed potatoes and black-eyed peas and watched 24 with my dad and my stepmom. it was sooooo relaxing and fun! it totally recharges my batteries, getting away like that, once every other week or so.

tomorrow morning, my dad and i (and the kids) deliver meals on wheels for the first time. we pick up the coolers at 9:30 am, and there are 9 stops on the route (give or take, depending on whether any are added or deleted from the paperwork i pick up with the coolers). it should take no more than a couple of hours. i plan to bring drinks, snacks, books and toys for my kids, and a bottle for lina, and that will hopefully keep everyone happy in the car. i went on a dry run today, while micah and rowan were napping in the car, just to make sure i knew where all the stops were. i'm glad i did, because a couple were tricky.

i wish we were having an earlier bedtime tonight, but the kids both fell asleep in the car with josh on the way to the nursing home tonight, so neither of them are ready for bed yet. sigh...

1 comment:

Laura said...

I've always wanted to do Meals on Wheels...please let me know how it goes!