Wednesday, November 26, 2008

i considered letting my dad and stepmom surprise micah today by taking her to see "bolt" at the movie theater, but i know micah well enough to know that it would've upset her. so we told her all about it last night, and talked about it some more this morning when she woke up. she said she wanted to see the movie, but she wanted " a grown-up from her family" to go with her. so josh was her movie date. :) it went okay. a couple of parts upset her, and she really wanted candy and a soda from the concession counter. josh appeased her with some sour candies out of a vending machine. she actually ended up sitting through the whole movie, which surprised me. i was sure she'd make it halfway, then get restless and want to leave.

while josh and micah were out, rowan and i joined my mom, my youngest sister, my grandparents, my aunt and my cousins for lunch at el fenix in plano. rowan and i shared bean and cheese nachos and a sweet tea. after lunch, we went to my grandparents' house and reminisced about the founding families of richardson (some of which are my relatives) and vintage members of our church. sadly, my grandmother told me the brother of a boy i grew up with at church comitted suicide earlier this week. this will be such a difficult holiday season for his family.

tomorrow will be fun and busy. breaskfast at daddy's at 9:30, lunch at grandmommy & sweepie's (mama's parents - i could not pronounce 'sweetie' as a child, and that is all my grandmother ever called my grandfather, so i thought that was his name) at 1:00, dinner at jo ann & sheridan's (daddy's parents - we've always called them by their first names) at 5:00.

i hope everyone who is traveling right now arrives at their destinations safely!

No comments: