Saturday, November 1, 2008

trick-or-treating is for the young-at-heart

trick-or-treating was so fun and nostalgic for me! my dad and i reminisced about childhood halloweens while micah and zach, my foster brother, ran up and down the front walks of spooky house after spooky house, giggling and counting candy. we remembered one year when it was so cold we had to wear heavy coats over our costumes – what a drag! i don’t think my mom ever got out of the van that night, as we drove around to different neighborhoods, looking for the best houses. and one year not too long ago, my dad put up some stellar spooky decorations on his front porch, including a 15-foot-tall cloaked, bug-headed monster… and not one trick-or-treater showed up all night long. he was so disappointed.

today i went to a baby shower for one of my closest friends, jessica. she’s having a baby boy in january. baby showers are so exciting! she got tons of great stuff, some fun and some functional. josh took micah and rowan to see his grandmother in rowlett, so i got to spend the afternoon mingling and snacking and visiting with my friends! it was so much fun!

i'll post pictures of the kids in their costumes soon...

No comments: