Sunday, December 28, 2008

today i got to see my friend jessica and her baby boy, ascher rylan. he was born on december 4th, six weeks earlier than his estimated due date. i couldn't visit him until now because my kids have been sick with a virus, and even though i never got sick, i didn't want to risk infecting a premature, somewhat medically fragile baby. but they are finally well, so i went to jessica's apartment today, and i got to hold ascher while he slept. it is so relaxing and wonderful to hold a sleeping newborn. he made my kids seem to big and old! i could have sat there all night long, holding his beautiful, snoozing little body. : )

after my visit with jessica, josh and the kids and i went to target to spend some christmas gift cards. josh got a car charger for his cell phone, and the first season of "get smart", the old TV show. i got a new bathmat and new towels for the bathroom that match our shower curtain, some socks for rowan, some cute pajamas for myself, and a navy blue fitted sheet for our bed. i wanted to hold out and get some fitted sheets at IKEA (they're super-soft and silky, and $9.99 each whereas the one from target was $12.99) but i don't know when i'll be headed out that way, and the sheet on our bed was full of holes (thanks to mia, our dog) and was depressing me.

now it's way too late for my kids to be awake, and i have the hiccups, and i'm longing for some alone time... my pajamas are super-cute. i want some fuzzy slippers to go with them.

No comments: